Who are GoldPaq
GoldPaq have been in business since the 1st of January 2007 so are a very young company.
GoldPaq is owned and operated by Wellington Companies LLC and are based in Lewes, Denver. USA.
They are classified as a Retail Jewelry Company with a website, www.goldpaq.com, but are actually a scrap gold dealers. The company manager is, Aaron Rovner.
GoldPaq Customer Service
The GoldPaq system is free of course, as is many scrap dealers. The contents of the Paq are insured up to 100 US dollars. Any further insurance you feel necessary you should do yourself..
There is no obligation, and in the event you are unsatisfied with the payment they claim they will return your items at their cost.
goldpaq.com offer a number of reasons on their site as to why you should use them over any other scrap dealer. Most of the reasons, such as using FedEx, Faster service, experienced appraisers, faster payment, are similar to many other scrap dealers.
They do offer a 10 day no hassle return policy however.
What GoldPaq Buy
GoldPaq state they will buy the following items:
Gold coins and medalsHow to Send Gold Scrap to GoldPaq
Gold necklaces, charms, lockets
Class Rings, cocktail rings, wedding bands, cluster rings
Bent, scrap or broken jewelry
Items missing stones
Unmatched gold earrings
Scrap dental gold
10k, 12k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k gold
Sterling silver, platinum or gold necklaces and bracelets
Gold wedding bands and engagement rings
Gold class rings, cluster rings, cocktail rings
Silver, platinum and gold watches
Silver, platinum and gold brooches and pins
Scrap dental gold
Silver, platinum and gold lockets and charms
Scrap / damaged jewelry, broken chains and items missing stones
Earrings matched or unmatched gold, silver or platinum
You can send off for a GoldPaq or even, on the website, print your own. This is simply a label and some instructions on packaging your item and enclosing your details, and sending this of by FedEx to GoldPaq.
Or you can request a GoldPaq and it will be sent to your address.
Your GoldPaq™ will arrive via U.S mail in a plain envelope and will consist of several items.
1. A Coded Payment Information Form - On this form is your unique tracking number and bar code identifier. You can use this number to track your Paq.
2. A Heavy Duty Plastic Bag - This bag was designed to protect its contents and has your tracking number on it. Place your items in the bag for shipping.
3. A Tyvek® Security Envelope - Enclose your plastic bag full of items and the pre-printed label on your brochure in this postage-paid envelope.
Then give your GoldPaq™ to the nearest mailman, your postage is already paid.
You simply ensure that you fill out the details and put your scrap gold or item in the pack and put on the label and send by FedEx free to GoldPaq.
Once they receive your scrap gold they will do an assessment and issue payment within 24 hours.
How much do GoldPaq Pay
Prices are based on weight and purity. The higher the gold content, the higher the value.
GoldPaq also offer their "MaxCash Guarantee" in which they offer to give you 110% more than their competitors.
The market price of gold is measured in troy ounces. GoldPaq measure the gold content of your scrap gold based on the pennyweight (dwt0 unit of measurement.
There are 20 dwt in a troy ounce If you want to measure the dwt of your own gold, one dwt is equal to 1.55 grams
Appraising is done in-house and by certified appraisers to establish fair market value for recycling.
This includes itemizing the purity, weight and payout for each item if you have included more than one item, so you know what you are selling and how much it’s worth.
An accurate appraisal helps us by determining which refinery will recycle your gold most efficiently, and helps you by getting you the best value for your items.
Unless they are evaluating fine jewelry, GoldPaq's prices are based upon the Recycled Gold Market. The same applies to scrap and broken platinum or sterling silver.
GoldPaq claim that the MaxCash Guarantee will give you the best price on your gold and "We promise we will give you 10% more than the rest of the industry."
How Do GoldPaq Pay
Goldpaq.com offer 4 payment options. All pretty similar.
1. The Fast Track combined with Quick Cash option. Print your own GoldPaq™ for immediate shipping and they will deposit your payment directly to the bank account of your choice.
2. Use their Fast Track service to print your own label and take it to your nearest FedEx® location for shipping right away. Once they receive your items, they will appraise them and mail you a check within 24 hours.
3. Fill out their form or call them on their toll free number for a GoldPaq™. When you receive the Paq, fill out the enclosed Quick Cash voucher and they will deposit your payment to whichever bank account you choose.
4. The old fashioned method, fill out their form or call them on the toll free number and they will send you a GoldPaq™. Fill out the forms, enclose your items and mail it back to GoldPaq. They will appraise your items and get you a check within a day of receiving your Paq.
Last Word on GoldPaq
GoldPaq are also a member of the Better Business Bureau and are also TRUSTe verified.
If you have sold any scrap gold, gold coins, gold jewelry or gold bullion to goldpaq.com, please feel free to leave your feedback on the quality of service and payments including any goldpaq.com online complaints and special attention or service given by goldpaq.com online.